Saturday, November 21, 2009

How to Peel a Pomegranate

So I know this is a little late but you can still buy pomegranates for a few more weeks. It's not too late! Pomegranates are my favorite fruit and I could eat a whole one by myself (well if Dad and Kourtni don't want some).
So first you'll need a cutting board, a knife, a bowl of water, and a pomegranate.



Then cut the pomegranate in half like so.


Then cut both halves in half.


Take one half ( you can brake this in half) and pick out the seeds with your fingers. It's best to do it in the water so the white skin floats to the top and the seeds sink to the bottom.


The remains of the pomegranate should look like this.


The rest of the seeds should be at the bottom of the bowl. Only eat the seeds where the juice is firm- ish. Don't eat the mushy ones.


Strain the water and then you can eat. It is ok to eat the seeds inside the juice.



1 comment:

The Ball Babies said...

Blech - too seedy!!!! I love you still though!